Sunday, June 30, 2013

Let Heavenly Father Talk A Little Bit- Email 6/24/13

Well hey there family! Its been a really good week. I don't have a ton of time today but i just have some quick short things i want to write about. Its been a very interesting week...i just feel like i have started to grow a little bit but its not a good thing. its like when you start cleaning something and you realize OH WOW this is really dirty? like the more you clean the more dirty you realize it was? kind of how i feel right now. I feel like I'm starting to clean up some of those bad characteristic traits and bad habits, and yet its just a never ending process that makes me realize i am so far from where i need to be. but thats the whole point of life, changing who we are to who god wants us to be. So, its all good! but in the process, I've learned some great lessons and we are having some great success here in victoria. really starting to feel like I'm doing better and being a lot more myself. Helps a TON that I'm with elder girsberger now too. we got put together this week and its been so fun. We are having a great time and really loving working together.

Anyway, the point of the email....i realized that in my life, i am so often just content working. Content living, hoping the spirit is guiding me, assuming its guiding me. but i realized that the last part of DyC 4 is a command. Like in english is "ask and ye shall receive". kind of sounds like a "hey if you want to ask you'll totally receive!" great stuff. but in spanish, it clarifies what that really means. it says "Pedid." which is the command form of to ask. so its like, after saying ALL these great things about missionaries, about the characteristic traits we need to have, etc, ASK. DO IT. haha and i realized thats my big problem. I'm content sometimes and thats not okay. I always assume "hey if I'm obedient the spirit is with me!" thats true, and thats part 1 of the problem. but Preach my gospel specifically states that as you are obedient AND SEARCH for the spirit, it will guide your work. So its like i having been using this minimal portion of the spirit and it kind of made me sad to realize it. I have SO much more work to do in really LOOKING for the spirit to guide me. Pausing for a second, listening without planning my response, letting silence take over the lesson for a second, being receptive at all times to it. a ton more to do. I am excited to fix that though, because its something ill need my whole life. We can be satisfied just having the gift of the holy ghost, or we can ask that heavenly father blesses us in every moment with it. He even commands us to ask him. i think thats why humility is necessary as a missionary, because you have to be humble enough to ask all the time. Thats always been a big problem of mine, and maybe why people like president monson are so humble and so spiritual -  because its interrelated. You HAVE the spirit as you be humble enough to realize that you need it every second, and ask for it every second. Anyway, I'm excited to let god talk a little bit more. it would suck watching someone else counsel your children when you know EXACTLY what they need, and them being too dumb to let you talk. Realized thats kind of what i do...just let him stay there and listen to me teach his children, and then say amen and call it a day. aha no..let him talk. So thats my new goal!

Anyway, sweet success here in Victoria. Really starting to be happy. We had 2 baptisms this past saturday (they count for my sector but i only taught them a few times, it was a couple that elder girsberger had taught with elder miyasaki for a couple months), then we have 2 this saturday and 3 more for the 6th of july. We have a goal to baptize every week this cambio...but not because of our pride or because we think we can. we just know god has put the people and we are so excited to give him the chance to work this miracle and let it happen.

Pray for karla and mayerly for this weekend and then carolina and cony and Camilla for the 6th!

LOVE YOU ALL! Thanks for a great support and all you do. I sure love you lots. Photos next week!


Elder Tengberg

No comments:

Post a Comment