Sunday, June 2, 2013

Despedidos- Email 5/6/13


Well...this letter will be really short because im talking to you next week. Haha but still, its been a really fun week! I have really enjoyed being here in coronel. Il tell ya, the mission goes by so fast. Mary reminded me that i complete 10 months this week, and i was just like UGHHH how is this possible?! Like i feel like i just got here! Now im heading out of coronel, off to my 3rd sector. Its really sad. I truly felt so at home here. I have a few converts who i would just give my life for, and as i told them the past couple days they were just like "What? but you cant! But!" and it was like insta-cry mode. Seriously, so hard. And i haven't even said goodbye to juan pablo and diego, antonella, claudia and leyre and joaquin. Its going to be a rough night haha.

But either way, im off to Victoria. I will be there with Elder Galarreta im not sure where he is from. But he is just my companion during the day, they actually have elder girsberger and me together at night for planning and stuff. because elder girsberger is training and zone leader, the zone leader before me was training too so his comp is still there. really confusing, but i basically have one comp in the day and then as i plan i have another comp. ill figure this out as i go i guess.... Victoria is down south, almost near Temuco from what i have heard. so im heading south JUST in time for winter! soooo fun! Haha not. im going to freeze. but its all good, i got combat boots and thats all i need. thanks mom for those by the way, they really are working so well in the rain here. its just been raining nonstop. seriously i have been soaked but its been so fun. This last week has been a little bit slow because of the rain but its still been a great one! so here goes nothin.

First off, Miguel got baptized and so did Leyre! Claudia is getting baptized on the 18th as well as Martin and Vicente, two brothers who we have been teaching. They are all so awesome and im sad to leave them, but they're in good hands. Elder Overson is going to kill it and he has a good companion coming to finish up his training. His comp is from Guatemala too so he might actually learn spanish now! Haha poor guy. Anyway miguels and leyre´s baptism went super well. we had it well planned out minus the fact that i am now like 60/60 in disaster baptisms here in coronel. Haha this stupid font is so broken. It comes out so dirty and there is no hot water. but other than that it was a REAL great experience. We had been fellowshipping joaquin and claudia with another family in the ward, and the lady (who is the RS president, juana bull) made leyre her own little personalized baptismal dress that was so cool. And leyre is just the best. She has the softest little voice and whenever she prays i just melt. Seriously, why are little kids praying the best thing ever? then she drew me a picture of the temple too. I broke down in tears saturday when I talked to Joaquin afterward. He had asked me to do it and also the confirmation, so i obviously did. But he told me, "Thanks for taking my place. I know i couldn't do it, but you took my place today and im so honored that you did." It just broke me down because i love that family so so so much. I wanted to be here for claudias too, because now they have the desire to get sealed in the temple and everything, but we will just stay in touch through emails now and then. ill have to come back to chile. oops! mom and dad, ill need a raise on the old allowance for that. or ill just go work a couple days for old Kells Burt washing the Denali. they still have the Denali? I need to go wash that to earn some more money.

Anyway, Miguel came to church on sunday in a full suit. I had given him a white shirt and then he came in a SUIT! haha i was just like what???! when did you get this! But it was so cool, because multiple people were like "You look like a branch president. Which branch are you from?" and stuff like that. He honestly will be one. The lady in the picture is Rosa, his girlfriend and the one who gave us the reference for him. miracle from day 1, and the smartest convert ever. He reads so intently and catches every little thing in every little chapter, and just has the strongest desire to keep learning. Anyway, love him and am so proud of them. They are going to do temple baptisms in june so im super excited to hear about that as well.

Anyway, i love you guys more than ever. Ill obviously talk to you on sunday so that will be so fun! You'll be able to ask me more questions then. i didn't even have time to read your emails but i printed them out so don't worry, we will talk sunday. I love you guys! I cant believe how crazy fast this is going by. I love it more every day and i love this work. VAMOS CHILE!

and look how legit our prayer formation is now? so sweet.

Elder Tengberg






No comments:

Post a Comment