Monday, June 16, 2014

His Testimony




"I would just like to end with my testimony of this work. It's true. If there is one thing I've gotten out of it, I have a firm, unbreakable and immovable testimony that Christ is my Savior, that he died for my sins, and that through the very gospel that he taught, I can convert the sadness and sorrow of my life to a bright burning light of hope and love. I know that God is my father in heaven - not a mysterious being, but a father who loves and guides me. I know that he loves me so much that he sent to me, today in OUR modern day, prophets who give us modern direction. I know, from personal experience, that when we follow the commandments that God communicates through his prophets, our lives are richly, unbelievably blessed. There is no greater joy than following them, having the companionship of the Spirit of God, and having the confidence of being worthy to receive blessings from God. I know the Book of Mormon is evidence of everything I just said  - a book that has singlehandedly changed my life. It has taught me more about how I can personally apply the teachings of Christ and has been a blessing in many dark occasions. I know God loves me, and I know that one day, I can be with my family forever if i keep following this plan through good or bad."
-Elder Tengberg
June 14, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment