Monday, June 2, 2014

Bernardo Sanchez and an old futures list- Email 5/31/14

Well....hello again! I don't have too much to write about today, but I'm here. Anyway, I sure love all you. Thanks for your emails. OH and happy anniversary to mom and dad today! hope it has been a wonderful anniversary! 

Such a fun week! This week started off with our leadership council. It was weird having this one be my last one! It was really fun though. Elder White and I got to teach again together and it was so good. We talked a lot about the natural man and the spiritual man and the reason why God wants us to overcome the natural man. Also we talked about what the blessings are of doing it, just stuff like that, but all applied to the mission. Always fun. 

The next day president asked us to be in the office again because he was going to be interviewing some missionaries, so we stayed there and helped out and stuff. Then out of nowhere he is like "hey who wants to come to lunch!" and he took us out to a Peruvian restaurant. I had never actually had Peruvian food at a restaurant before, only from my comps here in the mission who had made it for me. It was really, really good. Here in Chile (at least where i have been since i left my first sector) I haven't had any seafood, so having cebiche (which is basically raw squid, octopus, mussels, and fish) was kind of new, but i loved it. I honestly don't know why before the mission i didn't try any new food. I eat mushrooms now, i live off of tomatoes and onions, i love octopus and fish and soups and beans (crazy, right dad? BEANS!). i don't know whether its desperation or actually liking it, but i love everything of food. Haha maybe not quite to Hong Kong´s level but pretty much anything.

The week was awesome. I worked in Victoria again and actually had an amazing experience there. There was one day last year where i worked with elder Townsend (the old assistant and actually a kid who lived in my dorm freshman year at BYU, a good friend of mine) in victoria, and i remember distinctly that we knocked doors for FOUR hours in the rain and nothing happened. It was one of the most disappointing days because we were so happy but nothing came! Or so we thought. Later on, some of the contacts we found that day got baptized (the Sanchez family! Who are now looking to get sealed in the temple this December. so cool. he is ward mission leader and i actually got to teach with him on wednesday. His testimony is so powerful! He has the Melchizedek Priesthood and is just an absolute stud.) so anyway months after we realized we had found Bernardo's wife that day when i was with elder Townsend. And Wednesday with them, the missionary there who i did the exchange with told me that this great new family they have that is so awesome and stuff and are married and have two little girls and are getting baptized june 14th, they are people that they found on the old "future investigators" list that i had written. Guess what day it was from? The day elder Townsend and i knocked for four hours in the rain. Two families baptized from one day when we thought no one cared and saw no fruits from our efforts. It made me so happy and was such a confirmation of my faith. if we trust in the Lord, he always, ALWAYS will come through. I love my mission for teaching me to trust less in myself and more in my Heavenly Father. It's a blessing being out here.


Elder Tengberg

No comments:

Post a Comment