Friday, May 23, 2014

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly- Email 5/19/14

First off happy birthday to my awesome momma! Your'e the best momma and I am sorry i couldn't be there, but I love you and I hope you had a great bday.

Well what a week here in Pitrufquen! I am heading out tomorrow morning bak to San Pedro but it was awfully fun being here this week. We had some good, some bad, some downright funny, some ugly, some trunky. A little bit of everything.

The "trunky" part was when President Martinez did his little last speech for the mission, he came to every zone and gave us "ideas for life". ughhh no! haha it made me realize how simple the mission is and how hard normal life really is. Like it's so nice here. We just study, teach, walk around, talk, people give us lunch, teach, etc. So nice. After the mission you have so many things to worry about. not excited. It had reverse trunky status because it just gave me some anxiety and made me cling more on to the mission haha. Anyway fun stuff. President is a very smart man and gave us some great advice.

But the week was good! I definitely learned a lot this week about trusting in the Lord. Saturday night we had one of our favorite families drop us because they got scared of some stuff their pastor told them....just lame stuff. We tried to clarify things but they didn't want to hear it. So it was really sad... feeling like we had worked so hard only to have them literally tell us, word for word, "We would rather remain in ignorance than have to pray if this is right than change everything right now to follow it" like WHAT?! haha it was the most ridiculous setting ever. Shocked me. But the good news is that we didn't lose our faith and that same night we got a reference to pass by a recent convert who hasn't been to church in a year and his wife who isn't a member. So, we passed by, and his brother died last month and it's been super sad. And they came to church on Sunday! So it was really cool to see that basically the Lord said "They aren't the ones to teach, THEY are!" and guided us where we really needed to be spending our time. I was very happy, so I feel like I'm leaving here on good terms. It's weird going through so many changes lately but its been awfully fun as well.

In other news...well there isn't much other news! Things are still going very well, I'm still very happy, I'm still working very hard. Things are great here in my little chilito. Love you all! I'll write you whenever I can again!

Elder T.


also highlight of the week, we made peanut butter and jellies with tortillas because we were out of bread! Not too bad to be honest. Not too good either, but necessity is the mother of invention!

No comments:

Post a Comment