Thursday, May 1, 2014

Conference Boom! – Email 4/12/14


What a week! Seriously one of the weeks where i have worked hardest my entire mission. Thats awful english but i am just trying to say i am so tired, and so happy. 

I got my new companion this week, Elder París. Pa (like grandpa) - reese (like reese´s). He is from Santiago and we are now here together! Elder White is actually my companion still too...its kind of confusing. We are now 4 instead of 2. THe thing is since President leaves July 1st, right after elder white and i leave on june 17th, the new mission president is going to need people who already know their way around the mission to show him around. So Elder White and i are training our two replacements! Elder White is now with Elder ANderson and I am with elder paris, but we all live together and its still very fun. presidents instructions were basically just like "Work his butt off and make sure he is prepared to guide the mission". Haha deal! I love working hard. And i can honestly say that this week i have felt more consecrated to the mission than in a very long time. The temptation to think about home, school, after mission plans or wishes has been stronger than ever, but general conference just gave me the boost i needed to overcome all that and prepare me for this last chapter of my mission. Every thing it said was just so powerful. I took notes on the whole thing and i did 1. Things they say (in black) 2. Things the spirit says (in green) and 3. Actions i will take based on that doctrine/prompting (orange). It was just so cool to see how every action i will take (about 95%) was based on the green notes. The things they said led me to the personal revelation by the spirit, and the actions i am taking now are helping me so much. Elder Bednar´s talk about burdens just changed my life. I realize now that i was not called in any way to this position because of my own ability nor because i deserve it nor even worthy of it, but because its giving me the extra traction to keep going. This week i slept less than ever (I literally put elder paris through the most ridiculous travel schedule....we went to a meeting 3 hours away and we were THERE at 9 am, then 3 more hours after it ended we were working in the farthest south sector of the mission. So fun) but have just been able to feel that my heart is not slowly transitioning back home. I hate that word. What does that even mean? A slow transition? No! I don't want that. I want to finish sprinting. I've never been one to slow down as i walk to a finish line and i don't plan on doing that here either. Anyway...i know this is all sounding really cliché right now and i hope that all doesn't come off hypocritical, but i am just really really happy. I am in just the place that i need right now to keep going strong and to go hard until the last minute. 

In other news, Rodrigo the panadero! WOW! He is doing so well with his family. They all went to conference last week and it just made me so dang happy. he loved it. Literally just loved it! He kept asking so many questions and he felt the spirit so strong and didn't fall asleep once which is incredible because MY first time watching conference (and every other one until college) i fell asleep every time. he hasn't committed exactly to a baptismal date, but he is well aware that his date is May 10th. So, thats the date that he is looking at. THe kids loved it as well, they kept asking what atonement meant and we are just so blessed. So, the goal of baptizing at least one more time before i leave is hopefully going to come true. We are praying real hard for them! 

AND we did a noche de hogar with a family in our ward who actually just left for the united states! They are now in PRovo studying english at UVU. They are Gabriel and Gabriela, and we made chocolate chip pancakes with them. So fun. I will definitely be hanging out with them at BYU whenever there is a withdrawal of the chilean food or chilean talk. So those are the photos!

I love you all. Mom and dad, it looks like you had so much fun in Hawaii! Im so glad you were able to take some time off to go do that. You are sure fun parents and so much in love apparently. Thats pretty cool, you know that? Im a lucky kid to have a family with so much love in it. 

Les quiero mucho!
Elder Tengberg




and here are the pictures from the tsunami night! Up until 6 in the chapel woooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment