Friday, January 24, 2014

Chaito Angol!- Email 1/13/14


Well....I'm out of Angol. haha I leave in about 3 hours and I'm just biding my time before I head out. It wasn't that sad of a goodbye to be honest because I've kind of gotten use to this. In the beginning it was all sad with every transfer but now its just kind of like "well this is life!" and say goodbye: Haha kind of lame. But It was very very hard saying goodbye to the familia. They are just awesome....Seriously they have been prepared far before I ever got here to hear the gospel. They are buying dresses for church, white shirts and ties, buying stuff on the church website, the grandma is getting baptized february 1st now, they want to send the kids on missions and have plans to go the temple in Concepcion once its open to start their eternal family....like its just ridiculous. A family that was made for the gospel. All I did was tell them to pray and TIHS happens....haha kind of cool. Makes me realize how little we really are in this work. So much change happens because some people had the courage to truly pray and ask God if they should get baptized, and they did. Honestly incredible.

The baptismal service was awesome. As you can see they all look great! Priscila was the heart behind it all. We asked/forced her to bear her testimony during the baptism and that was the coolest experience, she started to cry and thank the ward for their kindness and their example, and that she was so excited to start this path of the gospel on her way to an eternal family. She teared up and said that she loves her family, and loves seeing the peace the church has brought to their home. Pretty incredible stuff. I just kind of sat there like a big baby to be honest and didn't say too much. Haha it was actually really cool because ElderKelly and i were the only ones who didn't participate in the service. We had Elder Salazar baptize Priscila (and yesterday in church she told us that she had like a vision/dream/something where when he pulled her down into the font, she distinctly remembered that at one point either before or during this life, she had seen that moment. She knew it had to be him). It was awesome because he and his comp got to participate. Elder Ochoa played the clarinet as a special musical number, other families spoke. The ex stake president and his son baptized (familia Lopez) and they are best friends of the family now. It was so cool to just kind of watch and not actually be a part of it. Like I realized how little I am in the gospel again. We did SO little, then I leave right after it happens, and now this family is left with a WHOLE branch of love and support and Elder Salazar got to baptize his last weekend in the mission (he went home yesterday night). It was just a really cool experience. I love the family and there is so much more at play here than just us. Any missionary who starts to get a little prideful and thinks he is anything special is just plain dumb, because its so obvious that we do so little. WE just go out and walk around and tell members to say hi to people in church and the spirit does the rest. Thats truly how I feel. but it was an honor being a part of their life and I know I will be a part of it for years to come. It wasn't sad at all because i know i will see them again now before I leave and then when I come back after the mission to visit. Anyway....wonderful experience. Love that family so much. And Odi is a yellow lab so really...what more could i ask for?

That's all for this week. Tough seeing Elder Salazar go home....Elder Ramirez too. Two of my VERY good mission friends. Elder Salazar and I reminisced about our Coronel times, when we literally hated each other and let so much pride get in the way of a potentially great companionship, then our miraculous change from the familia of Marcelo and Paola there in Coronel, then how we became best friends and literally cried when we got separated. Then how we got to be housemates at least here in Angol, and how that was such an inspired thing for the both of us. Right before he got on the bus we made a little pact  that neither of us would EVER leave the church, pase lo que pase, and it was just a really cool experience. I sure do love that guy. Crazy to think that a little bit of pride made that so rough....and what to me was the hardest time of my mission (if you read my emails from that time you'll remember!) has now become one of the closest and most life-changing friends I have ever had. I would give my life for that kid. Anyway...hope he gets home and finds a wife soon! haha best of luck to you bud. And Elder Ramirez! my papi. I still have this week with him because I'll be heading up north and his mom comes in tuesday so I'll see him again. but for real...sucks seeing your friends go home. Makes the time seem a lot more short!

As far as photos, there is me with all the familia Romero Espinoza, me with the familia Lopez (Carlitos was acting like an idiot and put on the camo), me with my bishop and his family (Obispo Torres, Lydia, Carlos and Camilo, Martin and Vicente are the two little boys who were in the pool and didn't want to come -_-), la mamita (left to right Camila, Sofia, Pabla, Coni) and her family, and then thats it i think. if I forget one it's probably just the baptism fotos and thats self explanatory. Also my companion thought he had fungus on his fingertips so he has been soaking them in BLEACH...hahaha i was like ELDER YOU CANNOT DO THAT! and this what happens. His feet are worse. All peeling and he is kind of losing his fingerprints #missionprobz

I love you all. Gods work done in Gods way never lacks Gods supply...we just need to align our will with his and he will change our lives for the better!

Elder Tengberg












No comments:

Post a Comment