Sunday, December 8, 2013

Hello hello!- Email 12/2/13

Well its been another awfully good week. This week was a little slow and we are just seeing slow but steady progress, but heck we are working as hard as i possibly can. I like the fact that its blazing hot because it just gives me this desire to not waste a second. like its super easy to justify not working because its so hot and the sun just burns right away, but then that gives us even more desire to not slack off a little bit. I know that makes no sense but i don't know how to talk in english anymore so thats what you get.

Anyway, been a good week. The families are progressing slowly but they are progressing. But this week Cesar progressed a ton! he opened up a ton and really let us into his heart, and that was so perfect. He told us that his life has just gone downhill awful and that he is fallen apart right now. we asked him at one point "what will you lose in going closer to god?" and he said "there is nothing left to lose....after i lost my mom 3 years ago, nothing else could hurt me." and it just broke my heart. The poor guy just has gone through so much and he has such a humble heart. but we have #planCesar going on and we are trying to get him married with one o the young single adults of the ward too. Just picturing them in white, right? But he doesn't even know her yet but i swear they're marriage potential. If all goes well he will be baptized next saturday,the 14th. So thats going great.

What else....thanksgiving! i did nothing. Well not NOTHING but i did have a little chicken and french fires. it was about as close to turkey and mash potatoes i could get. i figured i was in the bird category o it counted. But for real this last two weeks i survived on about 4 dollars so I'm just glad i got to december. haha but this month we will have an awesome christmas. I actually am going to be getting a new companion...

Elder Kelly! obviously a gringo but i have no idea what state he is from. ill find out tomorrow though.i know him a little bit and he is young like me in the mission (i still consider myself new, oh well) and has one cambio less than me. So we are going to be together for a long time it looks like! but that makes me really happy because i don't want to leave here. He is super fun though, a goofy guy and i am sure we will be good friends. So be stoked for that! Elder Medina is headed off to CaƱete so he is out. We have a couple goodbyes tonight and then he is leaving in the morning. It was fun being with him though, we had a really good time together. From every companion you honestly learn so much.I have learned a ton this cambio and really grown in some of my rough edges...my pride, impatience. Sound like a tengberg? yeah, thats me. but anyway thats whats going on in my life now. 

our zone is now even BIGGER. my ward will now have 6 missionaries, can you believe that? we already were at 4 and now we have 6, two hermanas are coming to barrio alemania as well. Like thats just ridiculous. I don't know what we are going to do to not run into each other all the time, but we will make it work. Utah wards have 2 missionaries in a whole STAKE and here we have 30 in our zone/stake. but the lord must need more out of barrio alemania! So we are going to be working on that this week. And its good timing because "Big-Idea-Tengberg" has now planned this over the top Noche en Gringolandia and has no idea how to make brownies, but we are expecting about 120 people. So like any tips? hopefully these hermanas know what they're doing. I'm great at ideas though.

Anyway i know my letters are lame and short, but i just have no time. haha i am tired, exhausted, constantly sweating, and never been happier. nothing like getting home at night and going directly to your bed and feeling the great satisfaction of knowing that heavenly father is happy with what you've done. Nothing worse than sin, and nothing better than confidence in the lords love for one. 
Anyway, love you all. Happy december!


Elder Tengberg

No comments:

Post a Comment