Friday, September 14, 2012

I'M IN CHILE!!!! Email 9/13/12


Hola familia!!!

Oh, I am so happy to be here. I have been trying to email you the past few days, but we have been working our butts off and we havent had time. It still isnt our p-day, normally we will have it on mondays. But i wanted to talk to you fast because i figured you (AKA Dad) might be a little upset if i wait any longer. Anyway, I am safe and sound. I will email on Tuesday this week because tuesday is dieciocho de septiembre and it is a huge crazy holiday here. people literally have the whole week off....haha its insane. So expect a LONG letter on tuesday that explains everything I am up to and all the success we are already having.

I LOVE my companion. He is Elder Ramirez from Honduras but speaks enough english that we can communicate just fine when i cant figure out how to say something in spanish. He is such a stud. He is such a hard working missionary and we are super similar. He loves his family, loves the gospel, loves to joke around, and loves to work. He is almost a little too excited at times, such that after my first full day (i would say we walked about 7 miles) i literally laid down in bed in full clothes and fell asleep. I have fallen asleep on every bus ride so far (we have had an unusual amount because we had to go to concepciĆ³n a few times to visit the president and Lota for a district meeting) because i am so freaking tired! Haha but i wouldnt have it any other way. Obviously this isnt anything i did because he has been teaching these people for about a month, but we have two baptisms this saturday. two! Then yesterday we met some GOLDEN investigators that we are super excited to keep teaching. Our goal is 7 baptisms this transfer, and i am super confident that we can do it. The people here need love. They just need a personal relationship with Heavenly Father, and thats what we are here to do - show them how to individually come to know heavenly father. It is going to be a great 6 weeks with him, and I think I will actually have 12 because of this new program the church is doing, oh random side note, but he had an offer to play pro soccer in Honduras and he turned it down because they played on sundays, and he wanted to serve a mission. such a stud. Seriously, i love him so much.

Oh and our area is ARAUCO! We are right on the beach, about 2 hours south of concepciĆ³n. Literally, our house is 5 blocks from the beach. Whenever we take the bus, we pass by the coast. It is such a pretty place, and the people are so great (when i can understand). Anyway, look up arauco on the internet or something, its super pretty. Love you all so much!

And for those of you who want to send me letters (so...Mary ;) ), send them to the mission home. I don´t know exactly when i will get them, but i should be able to get them every week or so. We don´t have a mailbox at our house....hahaha. So i think Shardae has the mission home address, so just put that on the blog. Packages and letters just go there. Thank you so much everyone! You all can email me as well, but i cant email back. I will write letters though!!

I love you all so much. You are the best, and I love being out here teachinjg about what this gospel has given me - all of you. Ciao!

Elder Tengberg





No comments:

Post a Comment